Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Puzzle pieces

No printing for the past couple of days. Besides having a cold, I'm concentrating more on getting designs organised for plates. The test plate hasn't arrived in the mail yet, but hopefully it will tomorrow.

Most of my days printing so far have been experiments with even impression and trying to calibrate the press. I've heard a lot that the best way to do this is to create a form with a character in each of the corners, and in the middle. I tried that, but was baffled by how to lock them in the corners? So far I've only had to lock type in the middle of the chase. Unfortunately, I'm not very logically-minded.

Lucky for me I just stumbled on this image.

I've got the calibration looking pretty good at the moment, but I think the forme sits out too far, so I might start over again, keeping it as far back as possible so the rollers don't hit the type too hard.

No comments: