Tuesday, October 9, 2007

New ink




Today I went back to Prestons Graphics and bought four 1kg tins of ink from David: opaque white, Pantone Yellow, Pantone Red, and Pantone Blue. Thought I'd stick with the basics and mix what I need. For custom jobs in the future I might get PMS colours mixed by David, but for now, this is more than I need.


I spent part of my night opening up the new tins and mixing baby blue, baby pink and orange, which I'll save for later in the week.


David also had a couple of contacts for photopolymer plates in NSW. If I can find someone nationally, then I'd rather go with them. But I've also had a look at Owosso Graphics in the US, after being pointed in their direction by two people now. So it's comforting to know that I've got a few leads to go on. I tend to be obsessive until I find what I was looking for (hey, that's how I ended up with two Adanas afterall!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For my plates, I use www.boxcarpress.com
I love them! I also use "the boxcar base" that they make, to put the plate on. It's a U.S. company though. Just wanted to share the source...
Your ink looks good!