Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wobbly press

The press was unlevel by a slight amount, which I think was causing two moving parts to clunk instead of glide past eachother (like my technical language there?). So my husband and I jacked the press up and put some wood under it to level it out. Ok, so it's level now.

I start the motor up, but it's now all out of alignment, so we have to wiggle the press forward again. There's just something so unnatural about rocking a 800kg printing press to get it to move forward about 10mm.

Start the motor up again. It works, everything moves as it should. Except the press itself, which now wobbles a bit when I'm printing. Damnit.

I give up. I'm having lunch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boo! That is horrible. I know how frustrating it is. This stuff can make you want to rip your hair out. Hang in there! You will win in the end!