Friday, January 2, 2009

Moving Collie


A couple of days before Christmas, Collie arrived at the new studio on the same truck that brought over the new C&P (yet to be named). They took great care with him, so I was happy, however one of the guys almost crushed the other guy behind the press when he released the brake on the pallet jack. My heart went through my mouth. He was okay though, but if I'd had the flywheel turned to a slightly different position, he would've crushed his ribs.

It took them quite a bit of fiddling to get Collie into the studio. Now that both presses have arrived, I need to hire lifting equipment to get them off their pallets and into their final positions. We've got a bit to clear out before that can happen, but hopefully in the next few days.

I'm just glad that I don't have to move any more presses!



My little press dog, Taylor, is currently on holidays taking care of her beautiful puppies, and in the meantime we're living with two golden retriever boys. Above is Basil, who sniffed Collie all over on arrival.

And for any of you who are interested, here's just one of Taylor's cute little pups:

No comments: