Sunday, June 15, 2008

Today's tip

My tip for today: when you're printing something small that requires a bleed (and therefore trimming afterwards on the guillo), add a bit more bleed than you think you'll need.

If you do this and you stuff up your guillotining, you'll then be able to fix it because you have the extra space.

Printing Kate's cards today was already a nightmare because of inking issues that I've been having with the press for a while now (that's a whole other story), so imagine my relief when they were finally done and looking good. I wasn't so impressed when the paper slipped under the guillo and there was no way to rectify the problem. So I'll be reprinting the cards during the week!

Gotta learn the hard way sometimes :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ACK! How horrible! I hate when that happens. I agree, though, that sometimes the best lessons are learned this way and everything is valuable no matter how annoying it is! Good work on staying positive!